Saturday, January 7, 2012

Banana Bread

So, I've decided to make bread every Sunday.  My ward starts church at 8 o'clock, so it's nice to get back at 11.  I'll have plenty of time to make bread! So, I'll try to make bread once a week/every 2 weeks.  I'll try to post the recipe by Saturday so you could do it with your family, too! Today, I decided to make banana bread.  It's REALLY good! Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas.  (I almost had enough with 5, so next time, I'll use 6 bananas.)
  • 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350º.  
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.  
  3. In a separate bowl, cream brown sugar and butter together.  Stir in the eggs and mashed bananas, until well blended.  
  4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.
  5. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, and pour batter in.
  6. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips onto the batter, so they are on the top.  
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.  
  8. Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then devour it! :D

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog! You are so talented and I'll sure look forward to your ideas and recipes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete