Saturday, March 10, 2012

Makeup Magnet Board

So, I had a magnet board.  It was a painted-white cookie sheet, with cute paper modge-podged to it.  My aunt made it along with some cute magnets, so I could have little reminders.  I loved it, but I didn't use it because I already had a bulletin board in my room.  It was so cute, but sitting in my room in my dresser.  So, I decided to put it to some good use!
  For Christmas, I got a whole bunch of makeup.  I am always losing makeup, because I am constantly taking it around to other places.  Here's what I did:
  1. Got button magnets, makeup, hot glue, and the magnet board.  (I also used a small Altoids tin to hold the tiny brushes)
  2. I hot glued a button magnet to the makeup.  I'd squeeze it tight for 10-15 seconds.  (or until it's hardened)
  3. I did it with all of my makeup and brushes, and stuck them on the board! Now, I have all of my makeup on a board- it never gets lost! And, it's super easy to carry around- I'm not stuffing makeup in my hands and dropping it when I move around.
*another tip- mine has ribbon on it... sometimes I keep bobby pins on it so I have bobby pins where all of my makeup is, not just scattered around. :)

Ta-da! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment